1. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
Don't let appearances fool you in the multilayered narrative about loyalty and loss.
2. The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
A love triangle between recent Ivy League graduates.
3. The Litigators by John Grisham
A burned out attorney joins a down-and-out firm in taking on a pharmaceutical company.
4. The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
A middle-age retiree re-evaluates his mediocre existence.
5. The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje
A young boy's sea voyage in the early 1950s from Sri Lanka to England.
6. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
New battles await Percy Jackson as he returns to a Roman half-blood camp.
7. The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
The complicated nature of relationships revolving around a gifted college baseball player.
8. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
A tale of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife, Hadley, set in 1920s Paris.
9. Zero Day by David Baldacci
Army Special Agent John Puller investigates a brutal crime scene in a small coal mining town.
10. Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
A year in the social life of three twentysomethings set in jazz-age New York City.