Tuesday, December 30, 2008

In Stitches: A Knitting and Crocheting Group

The Buena Park Library District will be starting a new group called "In Stitches" --- ALL AGES are invited to join us as we knit and crochet for charity. This group will meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm in the Library's boardroom on the 2nd floor. The first meeting will be on January 8, 2009.

Everyone will be knitting and/or crocheting 7" x 9" squares as part of the Warm Up America! Program. The squares will be used to make an afghan that will be donated to a local Buena Park charity.

Yarn and stitching instructions will be provided for our first afghan, but please bring your own knitting needles or crochet hook to the meeting. You will need size 7 knitting needles or size G crochet hook. If you are new to knitting and/or crocheting -- there will be instruction available to help you get started.

If you have any questions about this event, please call the Library at 714-826-4100, ext. 125 and ask for Chris or Phyllis.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas and New Year's Holiday Closure Dates

The Buena Park Library District will be closed on Wednesday and Thursday, December 24th and 25th, in recognition of Christmas, and will be resuming normal hours on Friday, December 26th, opening at 10 a.m. and closing at 5 p.m. The library will also be closed on Wednesday and Thursday, December 31st and January 1st, for New Year's, reopening on Friday, January 2nd for normal hours.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Job Interviewing and Resume Writing Skills Program on December 17, 2008

The Buena Park Library District will be hosting a Job Interviewing and Resume Writing Skills Workshop. This informative program will be held on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. in the Buena Park Library’s 2nd floor Board Room, located at 7150 La Palma Avenue, Buena Park, California.

Michelle Lawrence with American First Credit Union will conduct a program teaching job interviewing skills and resume writing techniques in one session. Mock interviews will be demonstrated with an emphasis on eye contact and making the experience feel like a real interview. Resume writing skills will also be demonstrated, with sample resumes and handouts provided.

This program is free of charge and the public is invited to attend. No reservations are necessary.

For more information, please call the Buena Park Library District Reference Desk at 714-826-4100, extension 125.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Flights of Fantasy Story Theatre presents a Family Program, December 16th

The Flights of Fantasy Story Theatre will present a Holiday Show for the whole family at the Buena Park Library on Tuesday, December 16th at 6:45 pm.

Flights of Fantasy Story Theatre has created a unique style of vaudeville storytelling that brings out the humor and whimsey inherent in multi-cultural literature. The dynamic team of Lorrie Oshatz and Theresa Amy provide exciting performances that put a fresh spin on folk tales, fables and poetry from around the world. Many of your favorite stories will spring to life in a lively display of masks, props and costumes.

Come early, seating is limited. For more information please call the Children's Room at 714-826-4100 ext. 126.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Volunteer Guild Bookstore Sale on December 13th

The Volunteer Guild Bookstore of the Buena Park Library is having their Holiday Members Only Double Discount+ Sale. On Saturday, December 13th, they will hold the Members Only Sale in the bookstore on the second floor of the library from 10 AM to 2:30 PM. Tables full of donations will be on display for perusal and purchase. Come early for the best selection!

If you are not currently a member, you may renew or begin a new membership at the event to take advantage of the discount. All members will receive the double discount of 40% plus an extra 10% for a grand total of 50% off!!

For further information, please contact Luann O’Hara, Bookstore Manager and President of the Volunteer Guild, (714) 826-4100, x123.