Friday, August 03, 2012

Bon Voyage!

I’ll keep it short and sweet.  I’m going to miss working here.  I’m going to miss working with all the wonderful people here.  I’m going to miss helping our patrons out.  I’m going to miss chatting about movies.  Heck, I'm going to miss a lot of things about working at the Buena Park Library District.

I started as a Page when I finished high school and first saw this as just another part-time job.  I was a bushy-haired college student.  I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.  But the longer I worked here, the more I wanted to become a librarian.  The fact that I was surrounded by knowledgeable people and resources while helping the community better themselves was something that I felt really good about and something that I wanted to be a part of.  The library has influenced and impacted me in so many positive ways that it would be impossible to name them all.  I’m now about to become a Librarian at another library but my roots will always be at the Buena Park Library District.
This place rocks!

Thank you Buena Park Library District for all the great memories, lessons learned, and the wonderful people I met over the years!
The library really does make a difference!!

And lastly, a guilty pleasure of mine: book lists!  Here are a few random titles that I feel, for better or worse, are pretty cool.

No comments: