The Buena Park Library is joining libraries across the state in participating in “Snapshot: One Day in the Life of California Libraries” on October 5, 2010, to show how important academic, public, school, and special libraries and library systems are to the state of California. This Snapshot Day has been developed by the California Library Association (CLA).
On October 5, 2010, Buena Park Library will compile statistics, users’ comments, photographs, and other data chronicling a typical library day. The results collected at Buena Park Library will be added to those of other libraries across California, by CLA, to show how libraries provide invaluable services to California citizens.
Buena Park Library is also planning several programs that day for patrons of all ages. We will also be taking photos and collecting comments:
• Preschool Storytime, 11 am, Downstairs Community Room, Enjoy stories & songs. For kids ages 3 to 5 years old.
• Get in the Picture!, 11 am – 6 pm, Get your picture taken with your library card or your favorite book! For all ages.
• Books with Beat Reading Program for Teens, Sign up and participate in the library’s online reading program at www.buenaparklibrary.org. Teens that read at least one book and write a review on the book will be entered into a drawing for a special prize. For teens only.
• Magic Show with Rafael & Katia, 6:30 PM, Downstairs Community Room, Come celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with your favorite magicians! For all ages.
• BOGO Sale in the Guild Bookstore, 12 pm – 6 pm, 2nd floor Bookstore, EVERYTHING in the Bookstore is BUY-ONE, GET-ONE FREE!